6 Reasons why you should buy yourself a bomber jacket today! August 10 2016, 0 Comments
You probably already know (unless you’ve had your head in a bucket of sand) that the bomber jacket is the jacket of the moment!
Of all of 2016's most wearable trends, the bomber jacket is the biggest so far. Style it with everything from your favourite LWD and LBD to jeans and leggings with a graphic tee. You can throw it over an evening dress with high heels or dress it down with jeans and sneakers.
Olivia Palermo can make a plain khaki bomber look amazing.
Being winter in Melbourne, it’s a perfect time to buy yourself a bomber. I think everyone should own one at least. These are my 6 reasons why you should buy yourself a bomber today.
- You can wear it with anything (jeans, shorts, slip dress, skirt, tee shirt, white shirt, maxi dress - the list goes on.)
- It will transition you from winter into spring/summer beautifully.
- There are some light weight bombers in the market so you will be able to keep wearing it in the warmer seasons.
- It will keep you warm
- Dress it up, dress it down.
- It will still be on trend next winter (the bomber is here to stay for a while)
Top Shop satin pink bomber
Some people think bombers are too masculine or too sporty but there are many different types from pretty satin pastel bombers to ones with embroidered flowers and motifs to more masculine Khaki types. There are so many variations, they can be worn casually and at the same time be very elegant. I have some images of different bomber jackets below.
The popular Gucci bomber jacket has been worn by stars such as Madonna
Stella Mccartney Flower embroidery jacket
I'm loving my little bomber jacket....I didn't think I would so much this time round (I've already seen it come and go twice in my lifetime) but I'm finding it just so versatile. My next couple of posts will be about the history of the bomber and the many ways you can style one. I hope you enjoyed reading and have a wonderful Wednesday!